Lesson Plans | Audits | Surveys | Assessment | Displays | Worksheets | Videos | Factsheets | Homework | Forum | Health Week | Networking | Events | Assemblies | Webinars | Lunchtime Games | Dinner Hall Resources | Awards | Staff Meetings
The Children’s Health Project Academy is an online training and resource hub for teachers and subject leaders of all aspects of health and wellbeing in the primary school. Subject Leaders in our Project tend to be PE, PSHE, Science, DT or Healthy Schools leads. The Academy has been created for two reasons:
- To support those teachers who are less confident to teach aspects of Physical Health and Mental Wellbeing, who need lesson ideas for mental health, nutrition and physical activity, or who believe in a healthy lifestyle but aren’t sure how to teach it within the curriculum. With 160 lesson plans to choose from, covering 40 topics of health and wellbeing, your teachers will feel thoroughly supported and resourced.
- To strengthen the role of the Subject Leader – creating informed Ambassadors of health and wellbeing, who feel very proud of how they’re supporting young people with Health Education across the curriculum. The Academy provides the tools, resources and training to meet modern health needs (such as sleep, resilience and gut health) and to deliver new, ambitious ideas to your pupils. Created by teachers and specialist consultants, for teachers, we have no doubt your subject leaders will feel confident and inspired to lead on such an important, varied topic.
£499 for a one year subscription (whole school access)
£799 for a two year subscription (whole school access)
£999 for a three year subscription (whole school access)
Expect to see the following content included in the Academy this academic year (2019/20):
160+ lesson plans for Nutrition, Movement, Mindset and Lifestyle to be used in PE, Cooking and Nutrition, Science, PSHE, Relationships Education (2020) and Health Education (2020)
Subject Leader Tools
- Resources & training for the new Ofsted Inspection Framework, relevant to Physical Health and Mental Wellbeing in the Curriculum – Intent, Implementation & Impact and Deep Dives.
- Resources & training for the new Relationships and Health Curriculum changes for 2020, including a coverage audit, Subject Leader audit, and parent consultation plan.
- Subject Leader tools including a Health Learning Walk, a School Snapshot and a School Health Check to help you understand your school needs.
- Surveys for your whole school to measure pupil needs, staff needs and community needs, but also for specific topics such as sleep, physical activity and nutrition.
- Useful resources such as posters, letters to parents, ideas for Health Councils and quick ideas that can be implemented around school.
- All resources for our lesson plans
- Cooking and nutrition lesson plans and videos for improved health and wellbeing in the DT curriculum
- Display resources for a whole school display, or prompts in the classroom
- Assemblies to introduce the 4 areas of health, ask pupils to consider big health topics, and to celebrate and reflect on national and international health days
- Daily question prompts – a question a day to ask your class, keeping health and wellbeing at the heart of your school ethos
- Health Homework – to engage families and to foster independent, creative thinking
- Lunchtime Activities for the Dinner Hall & Playground to improve health and wellbeing at lunchtime
Training & CPD
- A library of webinars that act as long form presentations for Subject Leaders – no more than an hour, but enough to think deeply about health topics and how you can do the best for your school (see below for the calendar of training available to our FREE and FULL Academy members)
- Subject Knowledge videos for all classroom teachers – watch the short videos of no more than 10minutes before you teach the lesson and feel informed that you know what vocabulary to use, and the progressive knowledge, understanding and skill that the health topic requires.
- Factsheets to download linked to key topics, including government advice and key vocabulary – share them with the children, and use them for planning.
- eBooks for recipe ideas, and key topics to be discussed in staff meetings.
- The forum allows teachers to network, ask questions and get new ideas on topics such as resources, working with parents, teacher health and wellbeing and good practice.
- Case Studies on schools who have been working with us for a while highlight how they are using the resources, and what their health focus is in school.
- Events are organised online – Mastermind subject each month where schools will give real life examples of what they have implemented and what impact they’ve seen, including masterminds with experts in nutrition, cooking, resilience, & school leadership
In joining the CHP Academy, you are automatically signing up for a licence to use our Health Champions © in your school, or our logos for the four pillars of health and wellbeing. Captain Kinetic ©, Nutrition Ninja ©, Agent Lifestyle © and Mindset Warrior © can be displayed on your walls, and you can use them in your lessons and resources. They draw learning of health and wellbeing together, helping children to understand that health and wellbeing can not flourish if we only do physical activity, eat well, sleep well or manage our emotions (for example). It takes a holistic approach, and this is the system the Health Champions © promote. Alternatively use the logos of the four pillars in your displays. Either way, your membership to the Academy gives you licence to use and display them in school.
Health Conscious School Award
We’ve seen the awards you pay lots of money for, and think we can replicate an award to celebrate the work of our schools in improving Physical Health and Mental Wellbeing. Our Health Conscious School Award will celebrate your individual ethos, recognise a robust approach to health and wellbeing in the curriculum, and will develop your Subject Leader team (PE, Science, DT, PSHE) in the application and moderation process. You will receive a badge for your letterheads, a framed certificate to recognise the work you are doing and recognition at our events and online.
Health Conscious Teacher Award
Our Health Ambassadors can apply for the Health Conscious Teacher Award to proudly share the work they’ve been doing in their schools. This award recognises passion, thought, hard work and positive action. We’re seeing so many outstanding subject leaders do incredible things that we want to celebrate them professionally. Teachers will apply for the award, or can be nominated. You will receive a badge for your letterheads, and a framed certificate to recognise the work you are doing, recognition at our events and online, and a t-shirt to wear with pride in your school!
If you have any questions about the CHP Academy, check out our FAQs page, and if we haven’t answered your questions there, get in touch with us.
The simple process of joining the CHP Academy:
- Browse all it has to offer here: http://childrenshealthproject.com/the-academy/
- Sign up for 1, 2 or 3 years using the form below, including invoice details
- Once we have verified your sign up, you will receive access to create your login details within 24-48hrs
- We will invoice your school at the same time, payments to be received within 28 days please
- You have access for a full year (or two years/three years according to which package you choose)
- You will be reminded when your account needs renewing, and offered a discount for the following year(s)
We look forward to welcoming you to the CHP Academy
Ilse and the CHP teamCalendar of CPD - The Children’s Health Project CIC