Year 2 of Subject Leader programme – learning and bespoke consultancy for 2020, starting 18th March 2020
You are one of our valued Health Ambassadors – we would now like to upgrade your knowledge and understanding, and take the impact of your delivery to the next level in your school!
This year, we will be offering our HEALTH LEADER programme as an online programme, suitable for any of our Health Ambassadors to sign up from Essex, Norfolk, Suffolk, Kent and London and will be accessible in school OR at home – wherever you want to be!
The same, familiar concepts:
- Healthy Eating
- Healthy Mindset
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Healthy Movement
…in 5 principles of school life:
- Whole School – Ofsted Personal Development Judgement – PE and School Sport Funding – New RSHE 2020 Curriculum – Governor support and approach – School Development Plans – consideration topics such as obesity, mental health and brain health
- Subject Leadership – Ofsted Deep Dives – Identifying further pupil and staff needs in school – Staff wellbeing – Healthy Schools – your own research and development
- Curriculum – Up to date organisation of curriculum knowledge and skills for Health and Wellbeing across PSHE, DT, PE and Science – Assessment – Communication to inspectors and families
- Environment – The physical environment of the school and how to make it healthier – Creating healthier lunchtimes
- Community – Pupils, staff and families – widest approaches for holistic health improvement – Schools as the hub of the community
This learning programme spans two terms, and will be the only opportunity to train as a Health Leader in 2020. Sessions will be delivered online, requiring no time out of school, low travel costs and fast convenient access to CPD. All sessions are recorded, should you miss any, and as always, resources are provided.
We want to ensure this course isn’t overwhelming for you – tasks are all optional, and the opportunity to lead on training is also optional. Sessions are recorded so you can watch in your own time, easing time pressures, and there is no deadline to complete the course.
Online Training Programme – 7 sessions (see flyer below) covering content such as childhood obesity, mental health, assessment in the curriculum, and staff wellbeing. All sessions are delivered as ‘webinars’, which you can join live on your laptop/desktop, and will be recorded, so you may choose to watch the recording instead. Flexible CPD for busy teachers! There will be tasks for each learning session, which you can implement in school – great for measuring impact.
Three, one-to-one consultancy phone calls throughout the programme, to ensure our support is bespoke to your school & subject leader needs. This allows us to offer a consultancy style of support to everyone from the course. Calls for 30mins – 1hr. You choose the time that suits you, from our calendar of appointment times.
Opportunity to lead on training – With all the experience you have, and your passion for pupils’ health and wellbeing, we’d like to give you the opportunity to lead on some training in the online Academy. This will be your chance to research a topic that you have worked on in school or are passionate about, share your ideas and advice, and support other schools from within the Project. This is an optional part of the course, great for your professional development, but will only be available to teachers from the Health Leader training.
Currently £250 per Health Leader. If we receive more than 20 bookings, we are able to spread the costs and reduce the price to £200!
Book belowHealth Leader 2020 (1)